Monday, February 19, 2007

Tell me why Wendy's is using Blister in the Sun to promote a hamburger. Are they hoping that the song has been played at so many parties and high school dances that we'll all think "Yeah! Good times!" instead of "Yeah! Strung out...stained sheets...failed relationship...hot blisters...I could go for a burger!"
There are people sawing through the wall of the apartment across the hall. I'm not lying. And it sounds very much like my Dentist appointment earlier where the assistant dropped a new crown down my throat. Thanks to my lightning quick reflexes I saved myself a thousand dollar bowel movement. ...
Some thoughts: Talking Heads reunited in 2002 to play at that Hall of Fame induction thing and in my excitement I bit down on a fork, cracking my front teeth. The Police are back and part of a molar shelves off like a tiny iceberg in my mouth. Crowded House and Jesus & Mary Chain are both playing Coachella this Summer. And given the inevitability of a Thompson Twins reunion, or Dexy's, or Japan, or (pleaseohplease) Dream Academy, maybe I should invest in a guard of some sort. In 1993 I was waiting in a Dentist chair when Ketty Lester's 'Love Letters' started playing on the overhead. I was seriously waiting for the guy to walk in shaking a mask at me screaming, "You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker!"

Our new maintenance guy is like Pigpen except that instead of being surrounded by a cloud of dust it's a cloud of Ganja. He just knocked on the door to see if I had power. "We cut into a pipe in the wall but I don't think it was plumbing because all the lights went out over here." I'm glad I might be moving soon. But don't ask yet. I don't want to jinx it.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger J.R. Swift said...

Funny stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home