Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Interpret this

I don't know where my head was at last night.  I dreamed I was downtown with someone, and while they were busy, I went into a high-end boutique looking for pants.  The woman working there brought me a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans that had a strip of faux patching down the side of one leg.  Before I could express to her how much I hate that type of thing & do you have a nice corduroy or velvet trouser, she said I needed some matching shorts, and lead me into another room.  Except we went through yet another door, into a crowded room that appeared to be a hidden bar full of hipster junkies having a slumber party.  She made out with several people as we passed through to a wooden picnic table against a wall.  I saw her take a pill with a heart printed on it, and when I asked her what it was, she said something very vulgar about preparing herself for an act she expected we were about to do, then she mimed it to a chick sitting nearby and they cackled.  I let her know she was definitely barking up the wrong tree, and made my exit.
It was night & I was in a residential neighborhood.  I walked down the street, singing a cannily accurate rendition of Tom Wait's "Jitterbug Boy", until I came to a house that looked like an explosion had blown the front of it out.  It wasn't my house, but I noticed a bunch of my stuff in the wreckage.  It suddenly seemed like a dangerous place to be, so I started sneaking back the way I came.  I hid behind a bush as a car idled past & a voice yelled, "Yo mama went to the phar-ma-cee!"  The place I'd left was now an old house with tar paper shingles and I could hear Petey in the back yard wanting to be let in.  As I went through the house, I could see red & blue lights flashing on the windows, where a policeman had pulled a guy over.  From the back porch I saw a different guy covering my car in political campaign stickers.  A group of kids came along and said my car should be moved, so the guy started pushing it.  He lost control & it ran up over the curb with a loud crunch/pop.  I yelled at him & told the policeman he was a witness, that the guy had to replace my car.  He gave me a put-out look and took off his shirt, like he didn't have to deal with it if he wasn't in uniform.
That's how I dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home